In general, people tend to complain a lot, myself included. However, thanks to a very special nine year old, I plan to make a personal goal not to do so anymore. A family friend has a very rare blood disease called HLH. After many complications she is thankfully on the road to recovery. But, she did not get there without a fight. She is incredibly brave and despite the fact that she has endured more in these past six months than anyone should have to in their entire life, from what I have heard she is still very much her "spunky" self. She continues to be a fighter and teach us all a very important lessons. We all take things as simple as our health, hearing and freedom for granted, we complain about nothing at all-just for the sake of complaining and we turn small problems into a big ordeal. After months of reading about her fight and her strength, I have picked out a few things that I can take away from her courage. First of all, "don't sweat the small stuff". It's cliche, but I like chiches and there is a reason this phrase is used so often. Secondly, put everything in perspective because it is probably not nearly as bad as you think it is. And lastly, "do what you like, like what you do" -JLS.
Photo Credit: http://dineshthakur.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/enjoy-life.jpg

No comments:
Post a Comment