Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dystopia

On Friday evening we will be performing Dystopia, this year's student written and directed show. This is the first year this project is taking place and it has been an amazing learning experience. After an amazing two weeks, the show has surprisingly come together. Not that I didn't have faith in everyone, but the final two week period is typically when things are being fine tuned, not begun. Although they are each only one act long, five students got the opportunity to write, cast and direct a show. I am so proud of them all and so impressed at how everything has come out. They have really done an amazing job and we have all had so much fun. Today we did a "fun run" of the show with our extra time and we got the chance to simply let go and make crazy choices that we would otherwise never take in a scene. It was so cool to be able to take crazy risks and make fools out of ourselves. This might usually be hard to do, but when everyone is doing it, some how it is no longer embarrasing. Through this process, I have become closer with a lot of people that I was not friends with before. I have gotten to learn new acting techniques and spend more time doing what I love. I can't wait to see the final product!
There's no place like the CPA!

No comments:

Post a Comment