Over and over this past week, I have been asked the question, “What are you thankful for?” And over and over again, I have given relatively the same answer, “I am thankful for my family, my friends, the education I am getting, the food and shelter I have, and for the place I live,” among other things. However, each time, I said the things that we have been told over and over again that we should be thankful for. Don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful for all these things, but I never really stopped to think about exactly why I am thankful for them. Not just the fact that I probably couldn’t live without any of them, but really what makes them so special, different from what everyone else has? So, here goes. My family is honestly amazing. Family gatherings are always crazy, but we laugh and joke and during those few hours, no one takes life too seriously. With my friends, I can laugh non-stop and at the same time, I can tell them anything and I can just be myself around them. The education I am getting will not only allow me to be successful in whatever I chose to do, but it will allow me to pursue any dream or opportunity that may come my way. Food and shelter are pretty self explanatory, but obviously not everyone has these simple necessities. Finally, the place we live. This place, although it seems boring at times, is safe and in the end, it will help me to be well prepared for life. All of these things have shaped and will continue to shape me as a person and for that, I am very thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment